Preview the toolkit
The Toolkit will launch in January 2024!
The Pell Institute’s Toolkit for Equitable Evaluation is specially designed for professionals who work with college outreach and student support programs that are interested in conducting small-scale, high-quality evaluations of their programs. The contents of this Toolkit will help determine the effectiveness of program practices and identify opportunities for improvement, refinement, and success. This is particularly important in the era of accountability, where funding is often tied to results. However, gathering data to show effectiveness is only one step in the process. Action—the use of data for improvement, practice refinement, policy development, and program advocacy—is also an impactful part of the Toolkit so you can take your program to the next level. With an intentional focus on creating equitable processes, the Toolkit can be applied across programs, departments, and organizations that (1) serve traditionally underserved and underrepresented populations, (2) want to develop more equitable evaluation and assessment processes, and/or (3) want to use data for evidence-based decision-making. The Toolkit for Equitable Evaluation contains numerous worksheets, examples, and useful information that can help you to:
- Understand the benefits and uses of evaluation and assessment.
- Identify the different steps that comprise program evaluation plans.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for your program evaluation embedding equitable practices.
- Discover data collection methods most appropriate to answer your evaluation questions.
- Work with and analyze data to determine the effects of your program practices and services.
- Use your findings to improve and advocate for your program.
- Find resources and examples that you can follow in your program.
Pre-order a digital only copy here. To pre-order a bundle, which includes a digital PDF and one physical, bounded workbook, click here. For information or to purchase additional print workbooks, contact us with your order number.